Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Fabric Sub-Brands Have Been Redefined and Categorized by End-User Benefits
Pertex®, globally recognized for its extremely lightweight, high performance fabrics, will present its new brand update and structure at the forthcoming Outdoor Retailer Winter Market and ISPO trade fair.
“The goal of the brand update was to condense our sub brands into a simpler and more meaningful new structure,” said Steve Laycock, Pertex Brand Director. “This new structure will allow us to better communicate the specific features and benefits of each of our fabrics with consumers.”
The new sub-brand structure consists of three distinct series: PERTEX® QUANTUM – insulation/wind fabrics, PERTEX® SHIELD – waterproof breathable fabrics, PERTEX® EQUILIBRIUM – double weave fabrics.
The PERTEX® QUANTUM sub-brand includes:
- PERTEX QUANTUM, which uses a tightly woven structure to provide a light and soft fabric that allows insulation to fully loft.
- PERTEX QUANTUMPRO, which features an ultra-thin water resistant coating to provide increased weather resistance for use in extreme conditions.
- PERTEX QUANTUMAIR, which is engineered with increased air permeability to provide a balance between wind resistance and breathability.
The PERTEX® SHIELD sub-brand includes:
- PERTEX SHIELD, which delivers lightweight and packable protection while remaining highly breathable.
- PERTEX SHEILDPRO, designed to provide highly breathable protection for extended use in extreme conditions.
The PERTEX® EQUILIBRIUM sub-brand includes:
- PERTEX EQUILIBIRUM creates a comfortable microclimate by balancing weather protection and breathability.
Pertex has also redefined its fabric technologies that include the newly named DIAMONDFUSE – fabrics that use diamond shaped cross-sectional filaments; YFUSE – fabrics that use Y shaped cross-sectional filaments; SUPERDWR –fabrics using enhanced DWR finish; ECO – fabrics containing more than/or 50% recycled content; and PFC FREE DWR – fabrics using non-fluorine based DWR finish.
New multi-language hangtags have been developed in addition to new labels and heat transfers to reflect the new brand update. Pertex is also developing a new website and brand partner portal, which is slated to launch prior to the FW17 consumer season.
Through over 35 years of commitment to innovation and performance, the Pertex brand has established itself as the leader in lightweight technical fabrics, and is today partnered with the most prestigious brands in the outdoor industry. Pertex is determined to enrich the outdoor experience for current and future generations. www.pertex.com.