SOLANA BEACH, CA (February 10, 2021) – Pinarello US, the storied Italian bicycle brand, is pleased to announce the Scuderia Pinarello, a diverse team of US brand ambassadors. The Scuderia Pinarello, which means stable or team in Italian, includes eight unique athletes, ranging from an Olympic medalist to a gravel-racing champion, a big-wave surfer and a community cycling advocate.
“Our mission with the Scuderia is to welcome all people to discover their potential on a bike,” said Kim Rogers, Senior Marketing Manager at Pinarello. “We very intentionally selected a team of Ambassadors who represent a wide swath of the cycling spectrum and who are committed to helping motivate others to tap into the power of riding bikes.”
Scuderia members will collaborate with Pinarello to create inspiring stories and experiences aimed at increasing accessibility to cycling for all demographics and experience levels. They will represent the Scuderia at events such as Unbound Gravel, Transrockies Gravel Royale and The Last Best Ride. In addition to events, Pinarello will support each Scuderia member’s personal goals, projects and organizations to benefit their local cycling communities.
The 2021 Scuderia Pinarello includes:
- Jamie Bestwick – One of the best BMX vert riders of all time, Bestwick has won 14 X Games gold medals and is currently the Olympic coach for Team GB BMX. Recently, he has found a passion for gravel riding, and plans to compete in the Unbound Gravel 200 this year.
- Amity Rockwell – A former endurance runner, Rockwell found her niche the gravel scene with a commanding win at the 2019 DK 200 (now Unbound Gravel). Rockwell started Fast Friends, an online discussion forum, to engage and include women in cycling.
- Adam Roberge – Three-time Canadian National Time Trial and One-time National Road Champion, Roberge has been racing professionally for four years. This season, he will be testing the most extreme capabilities of Pinarello’s Grevil at Gravel Unbound and the Transrockies Gravel Royale.
- Anthony Carter – A self-trained coach, Carter is the director of Get-It-In-Club, a club for Black cyclists with over 5,000 members. This year, Carter is focused on training for the Unbound Gravel 100 and becoming a certified USA Cycling Coach.
- Mari Holden – Olympic Silver Medalist, TT World Champion and former USA Cycling National Coach, Mari Holden is turning her attention to engaging communities through a variety of grassroots programs. Holden will also be mentoring fellow Scuderia member Anthony Carter to help him achieve his goals for the season.
- Jess Cerra – A former UCI pro rider, Cerra was directed by fellow Scuderia member, Mari Holden. She is the co-founder of The Last Best Ride gravel race in Montana and is a professional chef and creator of JoJe’ Bar, a gluten-free, plant-based real food bar.
- Meredith Edwards – An elite ski mountaineer and ultrarunner who has podiumed at events such as the Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc (TDS) , Edwards has now set her sights on gravel riding. She has plans to ride in several races and attempt several FKT’s.
- Kai Lenny – While better known as a world-class waterman, Kai Lenny is also a passionate cyclist. Inspired by his mother, Paula, a former AM cyclist, Lenny will be creating stories around the Hawaiian cycling community.
To learn more about Pinarello please visit: https://pinarello.com/
Pinarello (www.pinarello.com) was founded in 1952 and is a leading premium road bike, accessories and apparel brand. The company is known for its cutting-edge, Italian-designed road bikes for use by amateur and professional riders alike. Sold in over 50 countries worldwide, Pinarello’s products are clearly differentiated by advanced technology, uncompromising performance and beautiful style. A favorite of Grand Tour riders, Pinarello is currently partnering with Team Ineos Grenadiers and has provided bikes to 29 Grand Tour winners, including seven of the last eight Tour de France’s.
For more information visit www.pinarello.com.