Porsche Design and Elan Bring Elevated Ski Design to the Slopes
Porsche Design Elan Amphibio is the envy of all-mountain skis.
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Stuttgart/Begunje. Porsche Design and Elan Skis have collaborated to introduce a unique, cutting-edge alpine ski with distinction: the Porsche Design Elan Amphibio. This ski introduces the next level of ski design – manufactured in the Alps with carbon body parts, a carbon binding plate paired with the award-winning Amphibio Truline Technology combining a camber and rocker construction for the perfect turn. The sleek, all-black, high-end skis are made for expert skiers who demand ultimate performance, style and functional design on the slopes.
Engineered with award-winning technology and premium materials, the Porsche Design Elan Amphibio skis intersect at the highest levels of design, innovation and style. Taking an asymmetrical ski to the next dimension, Amphibio Truline technology strategically places materials along the product to enhance dynamics and achieve the perfect turn. Finished with lines of perfection and top-shelf style by Porsche Design, the Porsche Design Elan Amphibio comes with an all-black carbon finish to stand out with distinction on the mountain and beyond.
Ready to take on any part of the mountain in excellent form, the Porsche Design Elan Amphibio skis are designed to be as stable as a racing ski, but easier to handle. The word “Amphibio” comes from the skis’ dedicated right and left asymmetrical design where it has a cambered inside edge for grip and stability and a rockered outside edge to provide forgiveness and ease in a variety of conditions and terrain.
The Porsche Design Elan Amphibio Skis benefits and features include:
- Amphibio Truline Technology – Structural material is placed over the full length of the inside ski edge, providing more stability to power the turn while less material is applied over the outside edge, resulting in a smooth, perfect turn.
- Fusion X Binding system – Elan’s next generation of high performance binding system. The new single connection design enables a smoother free flex between the ski and binding leading to easy turn initiation and accuracy at high speeds due to direct power transmission.
- Carbon plate – The Porsche Design Elan Amphibio skis feature a special carbon plate located under the Fusion X Bindings for added performance.
- RST Sidewalls – Optimizes the transfer of power and energy from the skier to the skis’ edge for maximum hold from the tip to the tail.
- Dual Titanium reinforcement – Two layers of titanium for superior edge control and a progressive flex pattern.
- Laminated Wood Core – Achieves desired flex patterns to generate extreme responsiveness and durability in a variety of conditions.
“With Elan we have found a partner at eye level, who shares the same values in terms of technological innovation, functional design and highest quality. Their heritage and mindset fits perfectly with our ambition to create the perfect ski for today’s demanding skier. The Porsche Design Elan Amphibio gives us the chance to add alpine winter sports equipment to our performance and lifestyle-oriented product portfolio. We are looking forward kicking-off this partnership with Elan and bringing this exclusive product to the market in autumn 2019”, said Jan Becker, CEO of Porsche Design.
Melanja Šober, Head of Product Management at Elan said: “The collective level of experience and innovation of the partnership between Elan and Porsche Design has created a product unlike anything else available in modern day ski technology. The Porsche Design Elan Amphibio is fast, sleek and progressive. It is made with Elan’s most premium construction, materials and innovative technology, combined with an advanced design and sophisticated style from Porsche Design. This unique masterpiece will be the envy of every skier on the mountain.”
The Porsche Design Elan Amphibio is part of Elan’s Black Edition ski collection. It is one of four skis within the limited edition collection and will be offered in four lengths: 160, 166, 172, 178mm. The skis will be available to purchase from Porsche Design Stores worldwide and exclusive Elan dealerships from Fall 2019 for a RRP of 995 EUR.