Rogers Rolls Out 2011 PORON® Cushioning Sponsorship Campaign
PORON Cushioning Street Team mixes with spectators, athletes and partners to build brand awareness
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
April 20, 2011; Woodstock, CT â€“Over the next several months, the Rogers PORONÂ® Cushioning Street Team will be out in full force at athletic and sporting events across the country educating consumers about the benefits of PORON Cushioning Materials and the variety of products made with them.
The PORON Cushioning Team will reach audiences that range from the thousands of runners competing in the Ragnar Relay and Law Enforcement Torch RunÂ®, to the scores of kids attending the Dan Duquette Sports Academy and additional sports tournaments. At the events, the PORON Cushioning Team will demonstrate products, raffle off prizes and support its brand partners.
â€œPartnering with the events that we have chosen this year gives us an excellent opportunity to learn more about the folks who use our products while also reinforcing the PORON Cushioning brand,â€ said Dave Sherman, Business Development Manager, PORON Cushioning Materials. â€œThey are also a great platform for teaming up with our brand partners, such as RawlingsÂ®, The North FaceÂ® and 10-SecondsÂ® insoles to help promote PORON Cushioning Technology that is featured in a broad range of sports and outdoor products.â€
Rogers’ PORON Cushioning 2011 event roster with dates is as follows.
– The Ragnar Relay, May 13-14, Woodstock, NY to NYC, NY. Ragnar, the nation’s premier source of overnight, running relay races, challenges teams of up to 12 runners on courses of between 180 and 200 miles.
– Law Enforcement Torch RunÂ®, June 8-10, New Haven CT. The Law Enforcement Torch RunÂ® (LETR) is Special Olympics’ largest grass-roots fundraiser and public awareness vehicle. Over 1,500 Law Enforcement officers and Special Olympics Athletes will participate in this year’s LETR Connecticut, which covers 530 miles through more than 100 cities and towns ending in New Haven.
– Dan Duquette Sports Academy, Hinsdale, MA. Dan Duquette Sports Academy is a sports camp, tournament facility and lakeside retreat for boys and girls who are interested in learning baseball, softball, basketball, and soccer from distinguished high school, college and pro coaches.
– Lumberjack World Championships, July 29-31, Hayward, WI. The Lumberjack World ChampionshipsÂ® is recognized as the premier timber sporting event in the nation where lumberjacks and lumberjills from around the world including the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the Czech Republic come to compete for the gold.
– Reach the Beach, September 16-17, Cannon to Hampton Beach NH. The Reach The Beach (RTB) Relay is the longest distance running relay race in the United States. The relay consists of (a maximum of ) 12 person teams that will rotate through 36 transition areas as they cover the approximate 200 mile distance of the race.
– Bimblers Bluff 50K, October 23, Guilford, CT. The Bimblers Bluff 50k is an off road foot race through several inter-connected woodland preserves in southern Connecticut.
The PORON Cushioning Team will provide up-to-date information on these events and promotional initiatives throughout the season on the PORON Cushioning blog, Facebook and Twitter @PORONCushioining.
About PORONÂ® Performance Cushioning
For over 40 years PORONÂ® Cushioning has provided footwear, apparel, and protective equipment brands with a material that supports, protects, comforts, and most importantly, helps athletes stay in the race. PORON Cushioning products are durable yet flexible, so they will not wear or break down like other cushioning products. So, whether you need an insole that will last your next 50K or searching for a new helmet for the start of little league, look for the PORON Cushioning brand to insure you’re buying the best in quality and advanced technology. For more information, visit www.poroncushioning.com.
About Rogers Corporation
Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG) is a global technology leader in specialty materials and components that enable high performance and reliability of consumer electronics, power electronics, mass transit, clean technology, and telecommunications infrastructure. With more than 178 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, Rogers provides product designers with solutions to their most demanding challenges. Rogers’ products include advanced circuit materials for wireless infrastructure, power amplifiers, radar systems, high speed digital; power electronics for high-voltage rail traction, hybrid-electric vehicles, wind and solar power conversion; and high performance foams for sealing and energy management in smart phones, aircraft and rail interiors, automobiles and apparel; and other advanced materials for diverse markets including defense and consumer products. Headquartered in Connecticut (USA), Rogers operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Belgium, China, Germany, and South Korea, with joint ventures and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.rogerscorp.com.
The world runs better with Rogers.Â®