Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
SAN FRANCISCO (May 26, 2015) — Strava, the leading global community of athletes, has launched Training Plans for Runners. Designed for peak race performance in the 5k, 10k, half marathon and marathon, the training plans include tailored workouts created by the expert coaches at McMillan Running, as well as daily motivational emails and a community of training partners from around the world. Combined with Strava’s innovative technology and athlete-focused design, the training plans provide a new experience in race preparation.
“Greg McMillan has been raising the standard for coaching since 2002 and is one of the most insightful distance coaches in the U.S. His coaching staff, which includes multiple Olympians, has unrivaled experience,” says Strava’s Run Marketing Manager Larissa Rivers. “As part of our commitment to runners, Strava is pleased to join forces with the McMillan team to help athletes stay motivated, improve and have fun.”
With Strava’s Training Plans for Runners, athletes will tap into customizable features:
- Tailored for peak performance: Each training plan is tailored to the athlete’s race distance, race date and experience level.
- Daily workouts via email: Strava delivers daily workouts to athletes’ inboxes for easy access and inspiration.
- Workout Analysis: Visualize your pace zones and lap data for interval workouts using Strava’s new Workout Analysis feature.
What’s more, Strava’s suite of features provides athletes everything they need to train.
- Convenient run tracking: Strava provides seamless activity tracking across dozens of GPS and smart watches, fitness trackers and mobile devices.
- Race pages: Join any of the 400 virtual race communities by setting goals and training with others who are competing at the same race.
- Motivation from pros: Educating and inspiring blog content from top athletes, including Lauren Fleshman.
Training plans are 6-12 weeks and based on each runner’s experience level, race distance and date, and number of weekly workouts. The plans, available as part of Strava’s Premium membership, are available at www.strava.com/athlete/training-plans/running. Strava Premium athletes receive Strava’s most innovative technology and engaging experience with personalized coaching, live feedback and advanced analytics.
Strava unlocks potential through the power and purpose of sport. Designed by athletes, for athletes, Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of runners and cyclists every day. www.strava.com