Teva Introduces Spring ’14 Collection with a Celebration of 30Years of Outdoor Adventures
Innovation leading the way from humble beginnings to inspiring better stories across the globe
Teva® (a division of Deckers Outdoor Corporation NASDAQ: DECK) debuts its Spring/Summer 2014 Collection of footwear as the brand embarks on its 30th anniversary year. Born on the Colorado River in 1984, where a Grand Canyon river guide invented the sport sandal, Teva proudly honors their iconic silhouette with the introduction of the Original Collection. Featuring vibrant colorways and nostalgic prints, the Originals are a tribute to the brand’s pioneering outdoor spirit while the expansion of TevaSphere technology into new styles points towards the future.
As the brand brings to life its classic sandal with bold colors, heritage patterns and collaborations it also looks to the next chapter with TevaSphere. Initially launching in spring 2013, TevaSphere combines a spherical heel with a pod arch system to offer phenomenal stability across various terrain. Coming this spring, Teva will blend the best of both worlds with the expansion of the TevaSphere technology into sandals.
“As we turn 30, the celebration is about being true to our outdoor authenticity that celebrates where we have come from and where we are going,” says Joel Heath, brand president.
The concept of simplicity, versatility and performance that embodied the original Teva sport sandal still exists today throughout the Spring Collection.
Teva sandals are timeless and true to the brand’s roots, and with the Original Collection this icon is updated with the infusion of bold colors and styling paired with heritage inspired patterns. These patterns are unique to the brand and many are still created by the original webbing designer, Nadine Marchal.
- Original Sandal – Built upon Teva’s first webbing sport sandal design, a flip-flop combined with the security of an ankle strap, the Original Sandal offers modern performance with a nostalgic feel.
- Original Universal Sandal – Teva’s most classic sandal, now sporting modern pantones and archival prints, with multiple points of adjustment.
- Original Flip – Inspired by the originals, a classic flip-flop sandal that goes anywhere.
Bringing together innovation of yesterday and today, Teva expands its progressive TevaSphere technology into a sandal platform with the introduction of a new style for men and women.
- Men’s TevaSphere Alterra and Women’sTevaSphere Versa – TevaSphere support pods give this sport sandal unprecedented stability paired with lightweight minimalism for in-and-around the water, on the trail or traveling.
Naturally evolving its pioneering and adventurous spirit from the river to the trail, Teva offers a full range of options for any itinerary. Introducing a new standard in stability with TevaSphere technology and luxurious yet rugged designs found within the new Riva Peak hiking boot, the brand combines next level performance with styles appropriate for the new outdoors.
- TevaSphere Rally – Building on the success and momentum of the TevaSphere Speed and TevaSphere Trail, the Rally is inspired by adventure and obstacle racing and features a luggy outsole design that sheds dirt and mud.
- Riva Peak Mid eVent® –Featuring aVibram® outsole, full-grain leather lining and upper materials, eVent® breathable waterproof membrane and durable construction makes this hiking boot not only look great but also offers peak performance with the added comfort of an EVA Mush® insole.
“We couldn’t be more excited about this focused and progressive outdoor collection,” says Juerg Geser, senior director of product. “Taking cues from our history, we’re continuing to evolve the line from water, to trail, to sport style. The new Originals Collection has given our team a chance to invigorate our icon with bold, bright colors and patterns while our trail styles have allowed us to answer the persistent demands of outdoor performance while not losing sight of modern style.”
Teva’s 30th anniversary celebration will kick off with the launch of its Spring/Summer 2014 Collection in February 2014.
Facilitating outdoor adventures worldwide since 1984, Teva is a division of Deckers Outdoor Corporation and is headquartered in Goleta, California. Creator of the original sport sandal the brand continues to be driven by performance innovation and clean, modern design. What started out as whitewater product has evolved into a full arrangement of performance and lifestyle footwear ready for use in the water or on the trails of the great outdoors. Teva is inspired by the stories of great adventures and strives to inspire its consumers to Live Better Stories. The company’s products are sold in over 40 countries worldwide in a wide range of distribution channels. For more information on Teva, please visit www.teva.com or join us on our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube channels.
About Deckers Outdoor Corporation
Deckers Outdoor Corporation is a premiere lifestyle marketer that builds niche brands into global market leaders by designing and making innovative, functional and fashion-oriented footwear developed for both high performance outdoor activities and everyday casual lifestyle use. UGG® Australia, Teva®, Sanuk®, Tsubo®, Ahnu®, MOZO® and HOKA One One® are registered trademarks of Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQ:DECK). For more information, visit www.Deckers.com