Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (July 28, 2015) – Timbuk2, the San Francisco originator of the iconic messenger bag, inspires individuals to embrace their leisure time with new and updated offerings from the Weekend Collection. Comprised of the Sunset, Classic, and Skyline Collections, these bags encourage forgetting about the grind and getting out to find urban bliss, whether that’s on a bike path, at a music festival, or in line at a food truck. Shown for the first time at OR Summer Market (Booth #34171), the Timbuk2 Weekend Collection blends individual style with intuitive function, and stands out from the crowd with elevated fabrics, trims, and finishes.
“We know that not everyone spends their free time on all-day rides or even on a bike,” says Director of Product and Design, Greg Bass. “The Weekend Collection is a great opportunity to show that there is a Timbuk2 bag that will work no matter where we end up in our precious moments of freedom. These stylish, smart bags will help you enjoy your time off the clock by solving everyday carry problems, and surprising you along the way.”
Born and bred in San Francisco, Timbuk2 has been creating bags that meet the diverse demands of urban warriors for over 25 years, who are always inspired to push the limit and never willing to settle for the ordinary. To see the full Spring 2016 line visit: http://issuu.com/timbuk2designs/docs/tb2_s16wkbk_final_051415_web/1
This light and casual but sophisticated collection is updated for Spring 2016 with new fashion-forward colors. The Sunset Collection is designed to encourage relaxation, adventure, or anything in between that the weekend brings. Highlights for Spring 2016 include:
Timbuk2 Sunset Handlebar Bag
- This modern, chic take on a classic style is modernized to fit a bottle of wine. A rear zip entry enabling access without opening the flap makes getting to the essentials a cinch. Belt buckle attachment straps that fit most any sized handlebars and an internal key fob keep everything secure on your ride. This easy bike accessory is great for riders of all levels.
- Available in Acid Denim, Black & Saddle, and Oxide
- Retail Price: $79
Timbuk2 Sunset Pannier
- One of the latest styles in the Sunset Collection, this true saddlebag style is perfect for leisurely rides. Multiple organizer pockets fit U-locks, phones, and keys, and removable straps allow for easy off-bike carry. The Sunset Pannier will change the way you play.
- Available in Black & Saddle and Oxide
- Retail Price: $99
In 8 new colors inspired by tropical vacations, urban beach life, and classic cycling schemes, Timbuk2 Classic never disappoints. Highlights for Spring 2016 include:
Timbuk2 Classic Messenger
- Our iconic messenger bag has gotten a lot of tweaks over the years but will always stay true to the original, three panel design that has become synonymous with Timbuk2. The Spring 2016 version features new colors and revamped details in ultra durable CORDURA® nylon and canvas. The updated corner design allows for a more full closure, keeping the elements at bay. You can’t go wrong with this classic.
- Available in Acid Denim (XS, S, M), Beam (S, M), Black (XS, S, M, L), Cruz (XS, S), Desert Grass (XS, S, M), Dusk Blue/Black (XS, S, M, L), Dynamo (S, M), Fire (S, M), Ironside (S, M), Vintage Metal (XS, S, M), and Sunshine (XS, S, M).
- Retail Price: XS: $79, S: 89$, M: $99, L: $109
Timbuk2 Showdown Backpack
- Designed to fit a 15” MacBook, an iPad in a separate pocket, and all the necessary accessories in style, the Showdown is a favorite among the tech-centric. Featuring custom-fit straps and a channeled airmesh ventilated back panel, get from here to there in comfort and style. In four new, bold and elevated colors for the season, the Showdown is a laptop’s dream bag.
- Available in Beam, Black, Desert Grass, Dynamo, Cruz, and Ironside
- Retail Price: $89
The Skyline Collection is designed for the female Timbuk2 customer: an active woman who wants to look good no matter what and aspires to always be herself. With updated colors and fabrics that look as great as they feel, the Skyline Collection works as well on a bike as it does at brunch. Highlights for Spring 2016 include:
Timbuk2 Octavia Backpack
- This upscale backpack was built for the sophisticated weekend jetsetter. The top-zip inner cavity features an internal slip pocket that fits up to a 13” MacBook. The in-pocket key keeper makes sure your valuables are safe while on the road, and the external small zip pocket will fit all the small essentials you need for easy access. In three new and rich colors, The Octavia Backpack is sure to add class to any weekend outing.
- Available in Graphite, Haze, and Sail
- Retail Price: $129
Timbuk2 Hyde Tote
- This sturdy-yet-stylish expandable tote is perfect for trips to the flea market, farmers’ markets, or for carrying on a plane. Dual side zip gussets unzip to expand volume, allowing you to bring home more than you brought with you, and internal organization pockets and key-keeper help you find what you need throughout the day. In three all-new colors and featuring genuine leather trims, supple yet durable fabrics, and a premium liner fabric with a soft surface finish, the Hyde makes the perfect shopping companion.
- Available in Graphite, Haze, and Sail
- Retail Price: $129
The Timbuk2 Spring 2016 Weekend Collection will be available February 2016. For more information on Timbuk2, visit www.timbuk2.com.
Timbuk2 is a San Francisco original, founded 25 years ago by bike messenger Rob Honeycutt in a garage in the city’s Mission District. Since its inception in 1989, Timbuk2 has designed quality bags, packs and accessories built to last a lifetime, evolving from the original bike messenger company to a pioneer of made-in-America customization and an industry leader in forward-thinking, sustainable manufacturing. The relentless drive to inspire urban mobility, enable individuality and promote responsibility has propelled Timbuk2 forward as it continues fusing passion and style to create durable, functional products informed by the company’s longstanding cycling roots and today’s vibrant city landscape. Timbuk2 products are sold at its retail stores in San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Chicago, Venice Beach, Portland, Toronto, Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Iceland, specialty retailers, and online at www.Timbuk2.com.