SAN FRANCISCO (January 9, 2014) – Timbuk2, the original San Francisco bag company, debuts the Agent Collection for Fall 2014 at OR Winter Market (Booth #13015), featuring packs, duffel bags, a briefcase and suitcase created for today’s travel-oriented urban professional. With new military-inspired colors and fabrics lending to a tough aesthetic, the Agent Collection is the ultimate travel companion for urban adventures near or far.
“From tech gadgets to TSA checkpoints, the lifestyle of the urban professional has changed dramatically since Timbuk2 launched 25 years ago,” said CEO Mike Wallenfels. “The Agent Collection is our response to today’s urban road warrior seeking a functional means to get from point A to B as swiftly and efficiently as possible, be it to the office, a dive bar or a five star hotel. The Agent Collection is indisputably functional, versatile and ready to move.”
Highlights from Timbuk2’s Fall 2014 Agent Collection include:
NEW – Timbuk2 Ace Backpack – A TSA friendly backpack that transforms into a messenger.
Available in Black, Carbon Full-Cycle Twill, and Fatigue
Retail Price: $119 (M)
Ace Backpack design features include:
- Can be worn as a messenger bag or backpack with tuck away backpack straps
- Fully padded, tricot lined, low profile internal laptop pocket for full protection without any of the bulk
- TSA-friendly design allows easy access to your laptop and iPad
- Large external zip pocket for files, magazines, etc.
- Padded front tablet pocket
- Quick access front zip pocket fits smartphone, sunglasses, passport, etc.
- Padded grab handles on top and side allows easy grab access or briefcase style carry
- Ventilated mesh back panel for keeping cool
- Custom fit straps for a more comfortable fit with removable sternum strap and on-strap bottle opener
- Luggage attachment strap for piggybacking on rolling luggage
- Webbing daisy chain on the front and side offers attachment points for carabiners, helmets, etc.
- Durable nylon and reinforced tarpaulin fabric construction
NEW – Timbuk2 Alchemist Messenger – A TSA friendly messenger for urban adventure near and far.
Available in Black, Carbon Full-Cycle Twill, Truffle (M only), and Fatigue (M only)
Retail Price: $109 (S), $119 (M)
Alchemist Messenger design features include:
- High density foam laptop sleeve with crater holes for breezy air circulation
- Separate padded pocket for your iPad
- Waterproof exterior zipper access to laptop and main compartment
- Timbuk2 Double Loop Cam buckle enables easy fit adjustments and eliminates all access webbing
- Fully adjustable shoulder strap with a super comfortable airmesh strap pad and removable cross strap
- Expandable external pockets with Napoleon side entry zipper access for in-n-out without touching the messenger flap
- Secondary internal pocket for power brick or cables
- Padded grab handle on top allows briefcase style carry
- Webbing daisy chain on the flap and side offers attachment points for carabiners, helmets, magazines, etc.
- Custom aluminum hooks allow clean, easy access
NEW – Timbuk2 Rogue Backpack– A top-loading daypack for urban adventure near and far.
Available in Black, Carbon Full-Cycle Twill, Truffle, and Fatigue.
Retail Price: $79 (OS)
Rogue Backpack design features include:
- Quick-access, exterior zip pocket for your phone, power brick, cords, keys or other personals
- Webbing daisy chain on the front and sides offers attachment points for Shagg Bag, U-Lock, bilnky light, bike pump, carabiners, helmets, jackets, etc.
- Stretch airmesh laptop pocket offers snug yet breathable protection for your laptop
- Large flap opening offers expandable volume with easy access
- Custom fit straps for a more comfortable fit with removable sternum strap and custom bottle opener
- Airmesh back panel to give your back breathing room
- Super easy-access internal organization area for pens and such
- Side pocket holds U-lock or water bottle
- Solid internal volume for carrying your daily goods
- Durable nylon and reinforced tarpaulin fabric constructions
Timbuk2 Copilot Rolling Suitcase – An ultralight rolling clamshell suitcase with sleek styling.
Available in Black, Carbon Full-Cycle Twill, and Marsh (S and M only)
Retail Price: $209 (S), $225 (M), $259 (L)
Copilot Rolling Suitcase design features include:
- Clamshell style rolling suitcase for efficient packing and re-packing
- Large front zip opening to main compartment for easy in and out
- Expandable top stash pocket is accessible in overhead bins
- Front zipper pocket fits up to 13” MacBook Pro
- Integrated ID window for fast, clear identification
- Reinforced grab handles on all sides for an easy heave-ho
- Sturdy, smooth skateboard wheels and extending handle system for an easy roll
- Durable nylon and fabric reinforced tarpaulin fabric construction
- Available in two carry-on sizes (20” and 22”) and one mondo check-in size (28”)
The Fall 2014 line is available in August at specialty retailers and www.timbuk2.com.
Timbuk2 is a San Francisco original, founded 25 years ago by bike messenger Rob Honeycutt in a garage in the city’s Mission District. Since its inception in 1989, Timbuk2 has designed quality bags, packs and accessories built to last a lifetime, evolving from the original bike messenger company to a pioneer of made-in-America customization and an industry leader in forward-thinking, sustainable manufacturing. The relentless drive to inspire urban mobility, enable individuality and promote responsibility has propelled Timbuk2 forward as it continues fusing passion and style to create durable, functional products informed by the company’s longstanding cycling roots and today’s vibrant city landscape. Timbuk2 products are sold at their two retail stores in San Francisco and Seattle, specialty retailers and online at www.Timbuk2.com.