Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
SAN FRANCISCO (July 25, 2012) – Timbuk2 (Booth #34171), the San Francisco-based manufacturer, debuts its newest messenger bag solutions for Spring 2013 at OR Summer Market 2012. Born in 1989 and raised on the backs of hardworking bike messengers, Timbuk2 is the original San Francisco bag company and the pioneer of the messenger bag. As the category leader in messenger bags, currently owning a combined 34 percent of outdoor and 38 percent of IBD market share*, Timbuk2 continues its dedication to their original workhorse by introducing a new line-up of messenger bags at a variety of price points, functionalities and fabrics.
Messenger bags offer â€œalways onâ€ versatility that literally hugs the user. With hands-free commuting or riding and urban sensibility, Timbuk2’s hero style â€“ the messenger â€“ features durable construction and materials, with technical details that improve on other traditional styles of bags.
â€œWe are putting the mojo back into the entire messenger market with new price points, functions and fabrics that will keep Timbuk2 dominating this category,â€ says Timbuk2 CEO Mike Wallenfels. â€œWe’re thrilled to be able to unveil Timbuk2’s Spring 2013 messenger bag collection at OR Summer Market and we will be offering unique options for retailers to merchandise, educate, and excite their consumers about the benefits of using these bags.â€
Timbuk2’s new Spring 2013 messenger bag highlights include the Timbuk2 Spin Messenger, Timbuk2 Power Commute, and the Timbuk2 Especial Messenger. All Timbuk2 Spring 2013 products offer its signature lifetime guarantee.
Timbuk2 Especial Messenger – The next level in messenger bags by the pioneer of the messenger bag for die-hard bike riders and commuters.
– Available in Black
– Sizes: Small/Medium; Medium/Large
– Retail Price: $179 (S/M); $199 (M/L)
Especial Messenger design features include:
– Customizable Especial Messenger carry system includes plush ambidextrous shoulder strap that can switch carrying sides, adjusts length, and carry angle of the strap to achieve a true custom fit
– Molded Backbender cooling panels reduce contact and keep you cool on the go
– Magnetic buckles for easy one-handed accessibility are super secure and super speedy
– Fold over dry closure top and TPU drop liner enhance water protection
– Reflective binding for 360 visibility
– Internal padded pocket fits up to a 15â€ MacBook Pro in a sleeve (S/M); up to 17â€ MacBook Pro (M/L)
– Air jet textured 500d CORDURAÂ® ripstop nylon featuring stylish durability and exceptional strength-to-weight ratio, offering resistance to tears, scuffs and abrasions, and specially treated for stain resistance and easy clean properties
Timbuk2 Power Commute – A TSA-compliant messenger bag with an exclusive JoeyÂ® T1 charger.
– Available in Black/Gunmetal/Algae Green
– Size: Medium
– Retail price: $199
Power Commute design features include:
– JoeyÂ® T1 charge unit fits in a dedicated pocket on the inside with weather proof ports to thread the charger cable to the iPad pocket or phone pocket
– TSA compliant quilted/tricot lined laptop compartment-zips open, lays flat through security
– Removable shoulder strap so you can carry as a briefcase or messenger
– Separate dedicated pockets for your iPad and power brick, etc.
– Napoleon side-entry pockets with faux fur lined phone/iGadget pockets
Timbuk2 Spin Messenger â€“ An urban, satchel-style messenger bag.
– Available in Black/Black/Black, Night Blue/Pacific, Emerald/Reso Yellow/Bixi Red, Recycled PET Bixi/Bixi Plaid/Recycled PET Bixi, Carbon Grey/Carbon Ripstop, and Grey Texture/Carbon Grey
– Sizes: XS/S (fits 13â€ laptops); S/M (fits 15â€ laptops)
– Retail price: $69 (XS/S); $79 (S/M)
Spin Messenger design features include:
– Oversized Velcro closure keeps goods safe and secure
– Exclusive memory adjust CAM buckle
– Super soft and light weight liner with waterproof coating
– Slash pocket on the back wall fits most 13â€ and 15â€ MacBooks in a sleeve respectively
– Internal zip pocket and organizer for your pens, iGadgets, etc.
The Spring 2013 line is available in February at specialty retailers and at www.timbuk2.com. To see the Timbuk2 Spring 2013 line of bags and accessories assortment at OR Summer Market 2012, visit the Timbuk2 booth (#34171). For media appointments, contact Defne Altan at email@example.com. For more information about Timbuk2, visit www.timbuk2.com.
*Leisure Trends, May 2012