Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
If you are looking for a reason to attend SGMA Spring Market (June 11-13; Sands Expo & Convention Center; Las Vegas, Nevada), there are ten good reasons why â€“ especially if you are a member of the media. SGMA Spring Market will be more than a venue where exhibitors showcase new products for retail buyers. Spring Market will be filled with a wide variety of story ideas ranging from new product launches to new companies making their debut to the releases of industry research. Listed below are ten good reasons why the media should make plans to be present at SGMA Spring Market in Las Vegas.
10. â€˜Hot’ New Show. According to Tradeshow Week, SGMA Spring Market is the second largest new trade show launch of any industry in the U.S. since 1999.
9. Captains of Industry. A number of corporate presidents, CEOs, chairmen, and COOs of well known brands will be in attendance at SGMA Spring Market. They will range from Kevin Plank of Under Armour to Chris Considine of Wilson Sporting Goods to Tom Rogge of Cramer Products to Tony Palma of Easton-Bell Sports to Bob Puccini of Mizuno USA. (PS: If you’d like to schedule a meeting with one of these industry leaders, please let us know and we’ll do our best to help schedule that meeting!)
8. Well Known Brands. Companies to exhibit at SGMA Spring Market include Reebok, Wilson Sporting Goods, Mizuno USA, Easton-Bell Sports, New Balance Athletic Shoe, ASICS, Russell Athletic, Spalding, Under Armour, Franklin Sports, Vital Apparel, Rawlings Sporting Goods, Sportline, Regent Sports, Horizon Fitness, Lamar Health Fitness & Sports, Everlast, Cramer Products, Century Sporting Goods, Crocs, LifeGear, Diamond Sports, Hind Sports, ProFeet, McDavid USA, among others. For a complete listing of attending brands, please visit: www.sgmamarkets.com/list_plan.php.
7. Variety is the Spice of Life. SGMA Spring Market will feature thousands of new items ranging from running shoes (New Balance Athletic Shoe) to fitness equipment (Horizon Fitness) to baseball protective gear (Rawlings Sporting Goods Company) to high-tech performance apparel (Under Armour) to college licensed products (Signature Designs).
6. Hottest Property in TV Sports. At SGMA Spring Market, there will be celebrity appearances by representatives from Ultimate Fighting Championship. The celebrities include Matt Serra, Matt Hughes, Kenny Florian, Heath Herring, Joe Stevenson, and Diego Sanchez. The UFC Octagonâ„¢ will feature daily grappling exhibitions by the renowned Jiu-Jitsu specialist Mark Laimon. 5.
5. The Future Is Now. Attendees to SGMA Spring Market will see first hand what new products the sporting goods industry is planning to release later this year and in 2008.
4. Data and Demographics. Press kits from the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA) will reveal the strongest categories in the sporting goods industry â€“ in terms of sales and participation.
3. Industry Catalyst. Brand-building guru Erin Patton, the founder and principal of The Mastermind Group, will be a featured panelist during a general session on Trends in Brand Management on Tuesday, June 12 (2:00 pm â€“ 3:15 pm). Patton has worked with Michael Jordan, Stephon Marbury, LeBron James, Converse, and the Williams sisters (Venus and Serena) to help build their brands.
2. Be Ahead of the Curve. A full conference schedule is on tap featuring industry experts talking about where the industry is headed in a range of areas from running to team sports to design. Those in attendance will leave with a glimpse into the future as these experts present a road map of upcoming trends. To see the complete conference lineup, access: www.sgmamarkets.com/general_sessions.php.
1. Right Time, Right Place. Some attendees are referring to SGMA Spring Market as the “most important 72 hour time frame of the year” for the sporting goods industry.
â€œSGMA Spring Market is the epicenter of the burgeoning market,â€ said SGMA President/CEO Tom Cove. â€œIt’s the place for manufacturers and retailers to network, share ideas and see the latest in new products and innovation that will continue to support America’s appetite for healthy living and active, sports-infused lives.â€
For members of the media looking to send a story to their editors, the press room at SGMA Spring Market will have free wireless access to the Internet.
Media registration is simple. Visit www.sgmamarkets.com/media_registration.php.
SGMA Spring Market is a focused sporting goods industry event showcasing full lines of footwear, performance apparel, equipment and accessories for fitness, running, spring team sports and licensed products. SGMA Spring Market brings together the industry’s leading brands, specialty, independent and trendsetting retailers, and team dealersâ€”all under one roof. The event also provides sporting goods industry professionals with in-depth educational training. SGMA Spring Market is presented by the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA) and is managed and produced by Universal Event Management. For more information on the event, please visit www.sgmamarkets.com or call 1.888.535.5199.
SGMA, the trade association of leading industry sports and fitness brands, enhances industry vitality and fosters sports and fitness participation through research, thought leadership, product promotion and public policy. SGMA produces signature industry events including the Spring Market trade show, Sports + Technology Convergence, Industry Leaders Summit and National Health-through-Fitness Day on Capitol Hill. More information about SGMA membership and SGMA’s Sports Research Partnership can be found at www.sgma.com.