Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
BOSTON (March 10, 2020) – Tracksmith, an independent running brand based in Boston, introduces its Spring 2020 Collection, featuring performance pieces inspired by the runner’s journey from early season training to a goal race. Spring is the heart of the racing season. With iconic road races on the calendar from Boston to Cherry Blossom, London to Broad Street, this is the time for putting in serious training in often unpredictable conditions.
The full collection was tested by a cohort of amateur runners in Flagstaff, Ariz. and New York City, and includes all the essentials a runner needs to weather the season, from temperature-regulating merino tees and tanks, to new compressive training shorts and post-workout sweats. In addition to spring colorways in the brand’s signature Van Cortlandt, Session and Twilight Collections, the new and updated styles include:
- The Van Cortlandt 4” Short (MSRP $62): A four-inch mesh training short with contrast trim, inspired by the pair Oxford Rhode Scholar George Dole wore to line up against Roger Bannister at Iffley Road. Available for men and soon for women, Tracksmith reimagined the not-too-long, not-too-short silhouette for modern runners using their signature performance 2:09 Mesh.
- The Van Cortlandt Long Sleeve (MSRP $75): Available for women and men, this classically-designed long sleeve that does double duty as a training layer in early spring or a warm-up on race day. Crafted from Tracksmith’s signature performance 2:09 Mesh and featuring their signature sash, inspired by classic racing jerseys.
- The Session Shorts (MSRP $68): The original brief for the Session Shorts was to craft a fast-feeling, lightweight knit short that could handle plenty of repeat wear. Tracksmith’s 2020 update maintains that vision, while stripping down the design elements to make the silhouette as light and minimal as possible. Available for women and coming in at a not-too-long, not-too-short 3.25” inseam, the exposed elasticated waistband sits snugly at the waist, while the inner liner features a raw hem for a barely there feel.
- The Allston Long Shorts (MSRP $72): The Allston Long Shorts are Tracksmith’s response to customer demand for a longer inseam short, designed for fast, high intensity runs in compressive and soft Allston fabric. Available for women and featuring a high waistband with a slim fit through the legs, these 7.25” inseam shorts will stay put no matter how fast you go.
- Twilight Crop Tank (MSRP $58): Like all the pieces in Tracksmith’s Twilight Collection, the mandate for this crop top is performance minimalism. Available for women and made from the brand’s lightweight micro-mesh Bravio Blend in an understated silhouette with dialed-back trims, allowing your kick – not you kit – to do the talking.
- Lined Reggie Half Tights (MSRP $72): This update on the best-selling Reggie Half Tights features a lightweight liner. Available for men.
The collection will be available beginning March 10th at tracksmith.com and in-store at the Trackhouse.
For more information about Tracksmith, please visit tracksmith.com.
Please direct Tracksmith media inquiries to PR Director Massimo Alpian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in Boston in 2014, Tracksmith is an independent running brand built on a deep love for the sport. We craft products, tell stories and create experiences that enrich the running experience. We celebrate the amateur spirit and seek to inspire the personal pursuit of excellence. Shop our latest collections for training, racing and rest days at Tracksmith.com or come run with us at the Trackhouse, 285 Newbury Street, Boston.