Back in 2001, a little outdoor community called Trailspace hit the world wide web (as it was once known) with a small collection of backcountry gear reviews. Those reviews, on outdoor gear from shelters to snowshoes, now total more than 19,600 and counting.
As we approach 20,000 user reviews, we think that milestone is worth celebrating. It also calls for a big thank you to our community members. So, we’re giving away some great gear prizes from the likes of Primus, SPOT, Nikwax, Leave No Trace, and the mysterious box of gear in Trailspace’s office.
There are a number of ways to win gear prizes:
- Write the 20,000th Trailspace gear review.
- Write the most helpful Trailspace user review between now and the 20,000th review (as determined by member rankings).
- Write the most helpful Trailspace user review of all time (as determined by member rankings of all user reviews in Trailspace’s backcountry gear guide).
- Write a gear review as a Trailspace member between now and the 20,000th review, and be entered in a drawing to win gear prizes.
- a Primus lightweight backpacking stove,
- a SPOT locator beacon with one year of service,
- Nikwax cleaners and treatments to keep your gear in great shape,
- Leave No Trace books and reminders,
- Trailspace hats,
- gift cards,
- plus, other great gear prizes we round up before that 20,000th review is submitted.
To submit a gear review:
You don’t need to write a review to participate in the Trailspace 20,000 Reviews Contest. Any member can rate user reviews, and help determine the most helpful reviews on the site.
To rate user reviews:
- Be a member of Trailspace, and logged in.
- Click on “Was this review helpful? yes | no” at the bottom of any review, to rate whether you found it helpful (or not so helpful).