Treksta Footwear Doubles its Collection for 2015. New Styles, New Categories, New Technologies
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Treksta Footwear is adding a number of new styles, colors and innovative technology to its offering for Spring Summer 2015, thereby increasing the number of sku’s by 125% compared to 2014. In addition to an increased number of styles in trail running and hiking, Treksta also steps into categories such as sandals, flip flops and road running.
Treksta is known for its incredibly comfortable and supportive fit, utilizing Nestfit technology throughout all models. Many of the award winning styles, such as the Sync and Evolution Mid GTX remain in the line; however, consumers will have far greater choice in 2015 with the introduction of the Sync II, Guide GTX, ADT Mid GTX and a redesign of the ever popular Evolution GTX trail shoe. Some models offer a choice of design and color of upper as well as the option, with or without Gore-Tex® XCR, to satisfy a broad range of consumer preferences and use requirements.
“Planning the 2015 spring summer collection was an international collaboration. We worked closely with our North American sales team and our global partners, to share ideas on designs and color ways, and to identify what categories were in demand here at home as well as in other countries. The result is a progressive collection, with exciting new Gore-tex®Surround™ and Zero-Tie® technology,” explains Rob McCurdy, Director of Sales for Treksta North America. “The reaction to the new styles by retail buyers at early shows has been overwhelmingly positive.”
Treksta will be showcasing its new 2015 collection technologies at the upcoming Outdoor Retailer Summer Market, booth #32159. Some highlights include:
- All Day Trail (ADT) utilizing Gore-Tex® Surround™. The ADT series of shoes and boots feature special Gore-Tex® laminates that are integrated into the shoe upper and completely surround the foot on all sides, allowing 360 degree breathability and waterproofness.
- Hands Free – A footwear first! ‘Hands Free’ is a casual shoe with Zero-Tie® technology – a foot activated lacing system that doesn’t require you to bend over to do up your laces. You can tighten the laces via a hands free process using a slight backwards motion with your leg. To release the lacing, simply step on the release buckle at the back of the shoe. Try it for yourself. Treksta will have a Zero-Tie® test center at their booth at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market.
- Racer – a supremely light running shoe (190 grams per half pair, men’s size 9) developed over 2 years in cooperation with a team of elite marathon runners.
- Boa® Closure System – 3 models feature the Boa® lightweight, one hand, rapid lacing closure system.
- Icelock™ – Micro glass filaments infused into the rubber outsole provides exceptional traction on wet and icy surfaces.
Treksta, founded in 1988 with headquarters in Busan, South Korea, is available in 25 countries, including USA and Canada. North American distribution is provided by ROI Recreation Outfitters Inc. Treksta dares to be different with a focus on innovation and differentiation, to provide extraordinary outdoor products. Treksta revolutionized its fit with the introduction of Nestfit, a unique anatomical and ergonomic last around which all components of the shoe are built to truly fit the human foot. Treksta specializes in hiking, backpacking and running footwear. For more information, visit www.trekstausa.com