Boulder, CO, April 27, 2010 – On Wednesday, May 12, from 2:00 p.m. through 3:00 p.m. (MDT) Outdoor Industry Association® (OIA) will present Growing Outdoor Participation…And Your Customer Base, a live Webinar offering suggestions on how specialty outdoor retailers can engage with their community through events and social outreach initiatives enabling them to grow their customer base and bottom line.
Presented by Mark McKnight, e-commerce and marketing director with Rock/Creek, this Webinar will address:
- How to engage with customers, on their terms, through live chat, social media, video, events and traditional customer service.
- How to compete, not necessarily with the big box down the street, but with other priorities vying for customers’ time, attention and wallet.
- How to build lasting relationships with all levels of outdoor enthusiasts, from aspirational to expert.
Mark McKnight leads Rock/Creek’s e-commerce channel and oversees marketing and brand management at the growing Chattanooga-based outdoor retailer. His current work involves expanding Rock/Creek’s Web presence through new technology initiatives as well as continued public outreach through social media, events and other channels.
Growing Outdoor Participation…And Your Customer Base is part of the 2010 OIA Outdoor University® online workshops which are offered free to OIA members and SNEWS® subscribers and $99 per Webinar for non-members. Pre-registration is required. For complete information on the Outdoor University program, speakers or to register, visit outdoorindustry.org/webinars.
2010 Outdoor University Schedule:
- Wednesday, May 12, Growing Outdoor Participation…and Your Customer Base
- Wednesday, June 9, Branching Out Without Losing Your Roots
- Wednesday, July 14, Converting to a New Point of Sale System
- Wednesday, August 18, The Evolving Role of the Independent Rep
- Wednesday, September 8, The Art of Feng Shui in Specialty Retail
- Wednesday, October 13, Marketing Your Locally Owned Business
- Wednesday, November 10, How to Form a Key Vendor Marketing Alliance
- Wednesday, December 8, Working With, Not Against Big Boxes
- Wednesday, January 12, 2011, Sustainability as a Business Initiative
Outdoor University® is made possible through the generous support of its sponsors: Adventure 16, Alpine Shop, Backwoods, Darby Communications, Midwest Mountaineering, Mountain Gear, outdoor DIVAS, Outdoor Retailer, Pemba Serves, Rock/Creek’s, Rutabaga, SNEWS®, What’s Up Public Relations and Woolrich.
OIA Outdoor University® is an affiliate of SNEWS® Retail College.
About Outdoor Industry Association
Outdoor Industry Association® (OIA) is a national trade association whose mission is to ensure the growth and success of the outdoor industry. OIA provides trade services for over 4,000 manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, sales representatives and retailers in the outdoor industry. OIA programs include representation in government/legislative affairs, market and social research, business-to-business services and youth outreach initiatives. Educational events include the annual Rendezvous®, Outdoor University®, and the Capitol Summit. Outdoor Industry Association is based in Boulder, Colorado, and is the title sponsor of the Outdoor Retailer tradeshows. For more information go to http://www.outdoorindustry.org or call 303.444.3353.