Wilderness Systems Announces Industry’s Most Substantial Kayak Angling Sponsorship Line Up
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
GREENVILLE, S.C. (April 16, 2013) – Wilderness Systems today announces this year’s sponsorship lineup, and for 2013, the brand again makes a significant investment to support and continue fostering the growth of kayak angling. Wilderness Systems has shown its leadership in this rapidly growing field for more than a decade with their innovative products, knowledgeable Pro Staff, and support of industry events, and this season’s sponsorships continue to build on that commitment.
“As the sport of kayak angling continues to develop, Wilderness Systems is taking the reins to drive its growth and success with concrete tactics and large investments. We know that our sponsorship endeavors need to not only support those who already participate in kayak angling but also reach that huge segment of consumers who have yet to try fishing out of a kayak,” said Tracy Waldroup, marketing manager for Wilderness Systems. “We not only strive to create the most high performance products for anglers, but also to support the pros, events, and organizations that are making a difference for this category. This year’s sponsorships reflect that commitment, and we are proud to partner with each one on our list.”
Wilderness Systems Sponsorships for 2013:
• World Fishing Network’s Kayak Bassin with Chad Hoover,Knot Right Kayak Fishing on NBC Sports, and Kayak Bassin’ TV. This multi-media sponsorship package offers kayak bass fishing tips, tricks, and secrets to the sport’s rapidly growing fan base, reaching millions of viewers throughout 2013. For the second year, the brand is working with The Heliconia Press to bring the sport of kayak angling front and center on major national media outlets.
• Heroes on the Water. This incredible organization gets wounded, injured, or disabled military personnel out on the water for a paddling adventure to remember. The program allows the participants to decompress from the stresses of combat and the physical rigors of rehabilitation while finding strength and relaxation in a kayak. Wilderness Systems is supporting Heroes on the Water by sponsoring several tournaments that benefit the organization.
- Jamaica Bay Fishing Classic (May 16-19)
- Casting for a Cause (June 28)
- Northwest Kayak Anglers Biannual Pink Salmon Tournament (August, dependent on the run)
- Tidewater Kayak Anglers Association (September 28)
• Forgotten Coast Kayak Fishing Classic (April 19). This fishing tournament off the coast of Florida brings kayak anglers together in search of the big one. Kayak angling enthusiasts, including Pro Staff member Jeff Suber, will spend the day celebrating the sport they love and participating in a little healthy competition.
The Wilderness Systems Pro Staff continues to be at the forefront of any conversation about the sport of kayak angling. Our Pro Staff is known for their extensive knowledge, as well as their competition prowess and passion for sharing the sport with others. Wilderness Pro Staff members are respected advocates for kayak fishing and dedicated anglers; we are proud to continue to call this group of loyal brand ambassadors family.
To learn more about Wilderness Systems and become a part of our community, please visit www.wildernesssystems.com and click Community.
About Wilderness Systems:
Innovative designs tuned for performance, premium outfitting, and superlative quality have aligned Wilderness Systems boats with the most acclaimed paddling experiences in the world. Since 1986, Wilderness Systems has pushed the limits of design and innovation, by refusing to compromise. A Wilderness Systems kayak offers the ultimate in performance and design for the recreational boater to the expedition paddler. Taking that same drive into the angling market, Wilderness Systems fishing kayaks exemplify the ultimate experience for anglers. For the times you can’t be on water, experience Wilderness Systems at www.wildernesssystems.com and join the Wildy Community.
Wilderness Systems · Wave Sport · Perception · Dagger · Mad River Canoe · Harmony ·
Adventure Technology · Bomber Gear