GREENVILLE, S.C. (March 24, 2014) – For 2014, Wilderness Systems is again showing its continued kayaking angling category leadership and commitment with a sponsorship line up that covers an extensive list of events, organizations, and individuals across the sport.Wilderness Systems has led the field of kayak fishing for more than a decade, and it continues to foster growth and success for the sport by supporting a talented and knowledgeable Pro Staff, designing highly innovative product – including the very popular Ride series kayaks and the buzzed about, upcoming offshore boat – and investing in opportunities to educate future generations of anglers.
“As the sport of kayak angling continues to explode, we at Wilderness Systems continue to make it a priority,” said Evan Lyendecker, brand manager for Wilderness Systems. “Whether it’s continuing to build our renowned Pro Staff team, or working with them to design the best fishing kayaks on the market, or investing in events and organizations that foster the growth of the sport and community, we are committed to delivering leadership and innovation. We are excited to partner with each and every opportunity in our lineup, and we can’t wait to see what the 2014 season holds.”
Wilderness Systems Sponsorships for 2014:
- World Fishing Network’s Kayak Bassin with Chad Hoover,Knot Right Kayak Fishing on NBC Sports, and Kayak Bassin’ TV. This multi-media sponsorship package offers kayak bass fishing tips, tricks, and secrets to the sport’s ever-growing fan base, reaching millions of viewers throughout 2014. For the third year, the brand is partnering with The Heliconia Press to bring the sport of kayak angling front and center on major national media outlets.
- 2014 KBF OPEN (March 14 – 16). Presented by Wilderness Systems, the KBF OPEN takes place in Santee Cooper, S.C., where 100 anglers compete for the title and $5,000 cash prize for first place. The prize structure and payouts of this event are unlike anything ever seen in a freshwater kayak fishing event.
- Inshore Xtreme Challenge (March 21 – 22). The Inshore Xtreme Challenge is a one day catch and release kayak fishing tournament targeting redfish, trout, and flounder in Jacksonville, Fla. Proceeds from the tournament will support the St. Johns River Keeper, whose mission is to work on behalf of the community for clean and healthy waters in the St. Johns River, its tributaries and its wetlands, through citizen-based advocacy.
- Big Bend Kayak Tournament (May 2 – 3). The second annual Big Bend Kayak Classic will take place in the waters of Crawfordville, FL. The two-day tournament benefits Meals on Wheels of Wakulla County, FL.
- Gimme Shelter 8 (May 17). GS8 in Shelter Cove, CA is a family weekend centered around the largest kayak fishing tournament on the west coast and Wilderness Systems is proud to be the exclusive sponsor of the lingcod category.
- No-Mo Charity Kayak Tournament (May 18). This tournament lets anglers fish any Michigan waters to bring home the big one. The charity event proceeds go to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- NEKF Mass Bay Striper Shootout (August 15-17). New England Kayak Fishing presents this striper-focused tournament in Salem, MA. The event will benefit several charities, including Casting for Recovery, the Boys & Girls Club, and the Children’s Cancer Center.
- Ride the Bull (September 1). Louisiana’s first “extreme” kayak fishing tournament, Ride the Bull is a catch-and-release format tournament off the coast of Grand Isle, LA. Anglers fish for bull reds in the Caminada Pass throughout the day, with an evening festival to top off the fun. The event benefits Friends of Grand Isle.
- Kitty Hawk Surf Co Kayak Fishing Tournament (September 20). Kitty Hawk Surf Company presents the first annual Outer Banks Kayak Fishing Tournament in Nags Head, NC. Benefitting the Coastal Land trust, the event is focused on flounder, puppy drum, and speckled trout.
- Heroes on the Water. This incredible organization gets wounded, injured, or disabled military personnel out on the water for a paddling adventure to remember. The program allows the participants to decompress from the stresses of combat and the physical rigors of rehabilitation while finding strength and relaxation in a kayak. Wilderness Systems is supporting Heroes on the Water by sponsoring several tournaments that benefit the organization. Jacksonville Kayak Fishing Classic (May 9 – 10) Jamaica Bay Fishing Classic (May 15 – 18) Casting for a Cause (June 20) NWKA Coho Derby (September 6) Tidewater Kayak Anglers Association (September 27) NWKA Salmon SlayRide Derby (October 18) KBF Texas Open (October 25) Buckeye Kayak Fishing Trail (Multiple throughout season)
The Wilderness Systems Pro Staff continues to be at the forefront of any conversation about the sport of kayak angling. Our Pro Staff is known for their extensive knowledge, as well as their competition prowess and passion for sharing the sport with others. Wilderness Pro Staff members are respected advocates for kayak fishing and dedicated anglers; we are proud to continue to call this group of loyal brand ambassadors family.
About Wilderness Systems:
Innovative designs tuned for performance, premium outfitting, and superlative quality have aligned Wilderness Systems boats with the most acclaimed paddling experiences in the world. Since 1986, Wilderness Systems has pushed the limits of design and innovation by refusing to compromise. A Wilderness Systems kayak offers the ultimate in performance and design for the recreational boater to the expedition paddler. Taking that same drive into the angling market, Wilderness Systems fishing kayaks exemplify the ultimate experience for anglers. For the times you can’t be on water, experience Wilderness Systems at www.wildernesssystems.com and join the Wildy Community.
Wilderness Systems · Wave Sport · Perception · Dagger · Mad River Canoe · Harmony · Adventure Technology · Bomber Gear