Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
GREENVILLE, S.C. (May 14, 2015) – A leader in the kayak angling industry for the past decade, Wilderness Systems is continuing to invest in the sport by sponsoring events, tournaments, organizations and individuals that advance and grow all categories of kayak fishing and that support the community.
“We have seen a tremendous boom in kayak angling and Wilderness Systems has made it a priority to promote growth and support the fishing community, so this year we are sponsoring organizations and events that are equally dedicated to that mission,” said Evan Lyendecker, brand manager for Wilderness Systems. “We are committed to making the best angling products on the market, and Wilderness Systems’ incredibly talented Pro Staff anglers provide feedback, testing and innovative ideas that help us push the boundaries in product design, and in turn allow them to take the sport to new levels. We are excited for the partnerships, events and tournaments throughout the 2015 season.”
In 2015, Wilderness Systems is sponsoring and attending top tier tournaments spanning both freshwater and saltwater locales, including the Kayak Bass Fishing Open, which took place in March and the Extreme Kayak Fishing Tournament, which will take place in June and October. Additionally, Wilderness Systems is supporting six kayak fishing tournaments that help raise money for Heroes On The Water (HOW), an organization dedicated to helping military veterans decompress, rehabilitate and find strength through fishing and kayaking.
Wilderness Systems Sponsorships for 2015:
- World Fishing Network’s Kayak Bassin with Chad Hoover,Knot Right Kayak Fishing on NBC Sports, and Kayak Bassin’ TV. This multi-media sponsorship package offers kayak bass fishing tips, tricks and secrets to the sport’s ever-growing fan base, reaching millions of viewers throughout 2015. For the fifth year, Wilderness Systems is partnering with The Heliconia Press to bring the sport of kayak angling front and center on major national media outlets.
- 2015 Kayak Bass Fishing Open (March 13-14). Presented by Wilderness Systems, the KBF Open took place on the famed Kentucky Lake in Tennessee, where 100 anglers competed for the title for first and the winner walked away with $16,000 in cash prizes. The prize structure and payouts of this event are unlike anything ever seen in a freshwater kayak fishing event. Wilderness Systems featured the new ATAK (Advanced Tactical Angling Kayak) at the event.
- Extreme Kayak Fishing Tournament, Summer Slam Series (June 27 and August 22). For the first year ever, Wilderness Systems is a sponsor of the two-part Summer Slam Series offshore saltwater event in Pompano Beach, Florida.
- NEKF Mass Bay Striper Shootout (August 14-16). New England Kayak Fishing presents this striper-focused tournament in Salem, MA. The event will benefit several charities, including Casting for Recovery, the Boys & Girls Club, and the Children’s Cancer Center.
- Ride the Bull 6 (August 14-15). Louisiana’s first “extreme” kayak fishing tournament, Ride the Bull is a catch-and-release format tournament off the coast of Grand Isle, LA. Anglers fish for bull reds in the Caminada Pass throughout the day, with an evening festival to top off the fun. The event benefits Friends of Grand Isle.
- Kayak Fishing Boondoggle (October 9-12). A rich and flavorful celebration of the kayak fishing community, the Kayak Fishing Boondoggle provides a place for passionate anglers from around the country to come together and spend four days fishing, camping, eating gumbo, and sharing stories, tips and experiences. Located on Lake Pontchartrain in Mandeville, Louisiana, the Boondoggle offers some of the best fishing in October specifically for giant bass, record redfish and monster trout.
- Heroes on the Water This incredible organization gets wounded, injured, or disabled military personnel out on the water for a paddling adventure to remember. The program allows the participants to decompress from the stresses of combat and the physical rigors of rehabilitation while finding strength and relaxation in a kayak. Wilderness Systems is supporting Heroes on the Water by sponsoring several tournaments that benefit the organization. Wilderness Systems will be present at the events with its innovative angling kayaks including the ATAK, Thresher and Ride MAX.
YakAttack tournament (May 16) Casting for a Cause (June 19) Jacksonville Kayak Fishing Classic (May 15-16) Jamaica Bay Fishing Classic (May 14 – 17) Tidewater Kayak Anglers Association (TKAA) Tournament (September 27) KBF Texas Open (October 3)
To learn more about Wilderness Systems and become a part of our community, please visit www.wildernesssystems.com and or Facebook.com/WildernessSystemsKayakFishing
About Wilderness Systems®
Innovative designs, premium outfitting, and an uncompromising attention to detail have made Wilderness Systems an industry leader since 1986. Today the brand continues to push the limits of technology, performance, comfort, responsiveness and aesthetics. Taking that same drive into the angling market with high quality fishing kayaks, Wilderness Systems now offers the ultimate on-the-water experience for everyone from passionate anglers to recreational boaters and expedition paddlers. Explore Wilderness Systems, part of the Confluence Outdoor family of Made in the USA brands, at www.wildernesssystems.com and join the Wildy Community.
Wilderness Systems · Wave Sport · Perception · Dagger · Mad River Canoe · Harmony · Adventure Technology · Bomber Gear · Boardworks
Tessa Byars – Account Executive
Verde Brand Communications